Monday 21 September 2015

3 Days in Disneyland Paris for our 2-Year Anniversary

Hello Bloggersphere,

So if you follow me on Instagram you'll know that I recently returned from a 3-day trip to Disneyland Paris to celebrate Joe and I's two year anniversary (2 years already?!) Joe gets discounted tickets through his work, which is pretty handy if you fancy resting you head somewhere over the other side of the pond for a few days.

Due to recent issues, which most of you have probably tuned into on the news, we were unsure whether or not we were going to struggle getting there, as there have been several delays and disruptions as a result of those issues. Luckily we had a pretty easy journey though and the only hold up was when we were getting our room keys. Apparently EVERYONE at Disney arrived when we did so it took almost an hour before we were finally given a key to our room at the Sequoia Lodge.



We plonked our bags down and made our way to Universal Studios. My favourite ride was probably the Aerosmith ride. It was definitely my kind of experience! The walls around the queues are glazed in music memorabilia which gives you something to look at whilst you queue, then the ride itself serenades you with Aerosmith tracks whilst you're thrown around and upside down multiple times.

When we got to the end of the ride I managed to fall flat on my face as I was getting out of my seat. I had held on to the safety bars that belonged to the seat in front for support but (of course) that pushed them down and I fell down with them. It was one of those trips where it doesn't matter what you do, you just keep on falling... until you're eventually laying flat on your face. Pretty embarrassing and also rather painful - I really bruised my shins. When Joe could finally look me in the face again, he seemed to find it pretty amusing and it made a great Facebook status, so swings and roundabouts.

For dinner we went to Planet Hollywood. I have wanted to go to one of their restaurant franchises for absolutely ages. Joe reluctantly ordered a steak (I'll get to that) and I ordered the mother of all burgers. If my phone hadn't needed restoring back to it's factory settings this morning (ugh), I could have shown you a photo of this insane burger. To be fair, the photo does not even do it justice, I can't even remember what was in it, I would guess EVERYTHING went into this burger though. Joe's steak.. well I have honestly seen more meat in a ham sandwich. He wasn't sure from the start how it was going to go down, because France isn't renowned for it's excellence in steaks.

This is his forced-smile post miniature steak...



The following day we went to Annette's Diner for breakfast. We both had a cooked breakfast which was accompanied with a helping of pancakes and maple. When it came out, the hash browns were no larger than a Duracell AA battery and the sausage was about the size of my little finger. However... I still looked like I was 6-months pregnant from the beast of a burger at Planet Hollywood, so I was happy with the portion size of our breakfasts. Had I been hungry, that may have gone down a bit differently.

We went to Disneyland on the Monday and spent most of the day there. The weather was a bit on and off, but it was still a really good day. It was a shame that every single shop had exactly the same stock though. I was expecting a few different options but no, every shop had the same stock. That didn't stop Joe and I from collectively spending two hundred and forty euros though. Yep, oops and oh well. I got a bit over-excited and went Disney mad. It's too easy to do! We watched the parade which was really cute. I was surprised they only played one song the entire time on loop though. Of all the Disney music, it was a song I didn't recognise and it was just played over and over. It was stuck in my head for about four days following.

Baloo mug!

Mickey Mouse pillow pet!
That evening we went to the Rainforest Cafe for dinner. We got there before it started to get busy so we didn't have to wait long for our food. I ordered another burger (I'm all burger'd out) and Joe went for the safe option - a burger - as well. As a general rule, Joe and I never order pudding as we are usually too full to do so. For some reason we just went for it this time though. I went with a slice of cheesecake but Joe went in for this beast of an option... which was meant for '3 or more'.





We crawled back to our hotel room and had to have a nap we were that stuffed.

On the last day at Disney we were a bit unsure on what to do with ourselves. We had been to both parks and all the rides we enjoyed we had been on at least twice. I was expecting there to be a lot more rides than there were. It doesn't seem like they have updated their ride inventory for a long time. We floated around aimlessly, lapping up the last day of freedom before we returned back to normality, then went for some lunch before our journey back. Now, let me tell you about this lunch...

You know how I mentioned ordering the 'mother of all burgers' at Planet Hollywood? Well we went to the Earl Of Sandwich and here I ordered the 'mother of all sandwiches'. I still salivate thinking about it now. I can't event remember what was in it, salami, ham, blue cheese, tomato, bit of this and a bit of that, it was just so darn tasty! The stringy melted cheese, the succulent meats, the soft warm bread - oh god, someone make me another one of these sandwiches!


Yeah, the diet kind of went out of the window for this trip, but Joe and I vowed to be good as soon as we returned home. We've not been too naughty though. We've invested in a slow cooker, which by the way is excellent. How have I been cooking for this long without one?!

Back to Disney...


The journey back to Paris was horrendous. We made the error of leaving during rush hour and with £240 worth of Disney merchandise on our backs, we became a little stroppy. When we got to the RER we had to make our way to Paris Nord Station and even if the RER was written in English, I don't think it would have been any easier to understand. It honestly made me appreciate the London Underground.

But we made it back, I bought two caramel macaroons (salivating again) and we had an easy trip home watching Impractical Jokers on Joe's laptop.

Summary:
Two days is more than enough time in Disneyland Paris, don't buy steak from Planet Hollywood (I am now sceptical of their steaks globally) and I need more self control in Disney shops.

Thank you for reading.

Good night,
Mel x

No comments:

Post a Comment