Monday 27 July 2015

AMERICAN IDIOT / LOCAL MUSIC FESTIVAL

Happy Monday!

I just thought I would check-in to let you know what I got up to last week. I fancied updating my blog and I guess there have been a couple of interesting events to chat about. I'll split this post into two halves for ya.

American Idiot

I was invited to the press night for American Idiot at The Arts Theatre on Wednesday night. I do spectacularly well at noting down all the details (sarcasm) and I hadn't realised it was the press night we were actually going to, so rocked up wearing comfy clothing.



It turns out everyone else don their best attire, the ladies; sporting high heels and pretty dresses, the men; shirts and tie's. I, on the other hand, was enrobed in a cardigan, a pair of leggings and comfortable pumps. I've never felt so under dressed in all of my life. To make matters worse, the only way into the theatre, to see the show, was via a red carpet.

I think we've all, at some point in our lives, imagined our selves soaring down the red carpet... no? Well anyway, my experience was not as I had ever dreamt of. I scurried down as quick as I could and before anyone could take a picture.

The cast were all incredibly talented though, so if you see yourself as a huge Green Day fan and fancy a bit of musical nostalgia, I'd suggest you bag yourself a ticket.

------------------------------
Create Music Festival

For those of you who don't live in Ashford or surrounding areas, you probably would never have heard of Create Music Festival. Here's the info: on the last Sunday of every July, the council plop a few music stages onto a field, gather up a ton of local musicians and call in parade of food vans to host an all day music festival. Most of the town will rock up at some point during the day and everyone has a blast.

The event is now in its 20th year (with Adam Ant headlining) and I've been tagging along for the past 8 years. In hindsight, someone from a different part of the country would probably find it a disappointment, but for us 'Ashfordians', it's a blast.

It will usually be nice and sunny, we will all sit in the field with a crate of cider, listening to bands and having a jolly time of it.

Unfortunately, I've not had the best of luck when it comes to weather at festivals this year - What with Download raining for the entire 3 days and getting soaked at British Summer Time, it was just sods law that it had to rain at Create as well.

My friend Millie came back down from London, just for the occasion, so we decided to bite the bullet, ignore the rain and have some fun.

In the ridiculously blurry photo below a few of us are standing with a flag we somehow acquired. It looks pretty empty but I promise you it wasn't THAT dead.


Anyway, I am still nursing my hangover and after the steak I had at the Harvester an hour ago, I'm also tending to my food coma. So thank you for reading, I'll catch you soon!

Mel x



No comments:

Post a Comment