Sunday 19 July 2015

THE PAST FEW MONTHS HAVE BEEN BUSY!

Hi all,

Apologies for the lack of blog posts recently. I know I said I'd be blogging more now that I work in London. The title to this blog explains why. It's been so busy! My financial situation, although it wasn't great to begin with, definitely isn't good right now. But, it's Summer and us Brits have to make the most of being able to go outside whilst we can.

So here's some of the stuff I've been doing...

Sunny Afternoon
I went to London with my mum and a friend to see Sunny Afternoon (The Kinks Musical). It was amazing! Unfortunately their Upper Dress Circle wasn't too complimentary to my ridiculously long legs. My knees were wedged into the back of the person in front, but nevertheless, we sang and laughed and enjoyed it thoroughly.

The photo below is of my mum and I before our meal at Bubba Gumps (what a place!) Yes, I know we look alike, thank you very much. On the way to Bubba's we walked passed a dude holding a handful of balloons with my name on them. I know, weird right? So like the child I am, I asked for a couple and that made me pretty happy.


The Book Of Mormon
Words. cannot. describe. Like seriously, this show is incredible in every way possible. It's hilarious and stunning and I've honestly never seen anything quite like it. I would happily see it again, maybe even a few times.


Download Festival
Please ignore my fuzzy hair in the photo below. It rained pretty much the entire weekend and that revealed my frizzy, curly locks to the world. Bravo, rain. Bravo!

What an incredible weekend though. I saw some amazzzzzzzing bands and met some great people. I think I've only just managed to overcome the post-Download blues.

British Summer Time
The boyfriend and I went to see Blur at British Summer Time - Hyde Park. Such a well thought out event. It was such a shame it rained. The rain and I don't seem to be getting along recently. Glorious weather all week at work and as soon as I go to a festival, the rain decides to make an appearance. God dammit.

Blur were incredible and I'll definitely be up for going to British Summer Time again in the future.



ACDC
I went with my Dad to see ACDC at Wembley Stadium. They were incredible. We sang and head banged to pretty much every single song. This was Dads first proper concert and now he's already looking into other shows to go to. Bless him!


Pretty Muddy
Aww, what a great day this was! I took part in the 5k Pretty Muddy run, in aid of Cancer Research UK, with four of my best friends. We all had such a laugh. And yes, we got 'pretty muddy'! Below is a before and after photo of the race so you can see how muddy we got. Jade, who is next to me in the 2nd photo (2nd to right) got the most covered after she slipped over in a huge pile of mud (LOL). 

As a team we raised just shy of £700.00.


Jason Byrne @ The Udderbelly
I went to see Jason Byrne with two of my besties at the Uddebelly on Friday. It's so nice to sit outside (if you can get a seat) with a glass of Pimms. Jason Byrne was absolutely hilarious. I think he's now become one of my favourite comedians.

So there's that. I hope you'll forgive me for the lack of posts. As proven, I've been here, there and everywhere and this is just some of the stuff I've been up to! You can see more photos of my shenanigans on my Instagram @melkcx, if you're interested.

I'll be posting more now, I promise :)

Best wishes,
Mel x

No comments:

Post a Comment