Monday 17 August 2015

WHAT'S IN MY MAKE-UP BAG?

Happy Monday!


I thought it would be a good idea to write about my ever-changing make-up collection.


It's taken years of investing in different brands, some good, some bad, some mediocre. But I feel like I'm almost at the point where I know what I like to wear and rather than shop around, I could happily stock up on the same products. There are a few items I am not so keen on though.


So anyway, enough chatter and here we go...



1. Benefit Roller Lash.
This is honestly my magic wand. It does everything you need it to do. It lengthens my eye lashes, stays on, separates them well and they don't look too false. I used to use They're Real (also Benefit) which was great, however, I found it would dry out quickly and it didn't lengthen my eyelashes as good as this bad boy does.


2. Bare Minerals Get Started
My God. I swear to you, there is literally nothing better. Face coverage make-up products are something I have experimented with most. I've tried so many different brands to try and get the best coverage and also to not upset my skin, This stuff is literally the best you can get.


It is a dry mineral powder but gives flawless coverage and stays on all day. Mineral make up is so much better for your skin and I've definitely seen an improvement in the past 4 months I've been using it. I bought my kit on Amazon for £36.00 and it comes with a cute little carry case. I apply it in the morning but don't lug it around with me when I go to work.


3. Studio Fix by MAC


As mentioned, you can't really lug Bare Minerals around with you and it's not the easiest for a quick powder of the nose, so that's why I use Studio Fix when I'm out and about.


It's really good coverage and lasts ages. I've had mine for about 3 months, I use it everyday and still have two thirds left in the pan. I do feel like I can get just as good a use out of more cost effective high street brands though, so I'll probably try something else next time.


4. Brows That by Seventeen
Now I know all of the above are department store goodies, but I'm not a complete snob. I can't find a single fault with Brows That by Seventeen. In fact, I think Seventeen is a great brand and such good value for money. I've had this since the start of the year and I wouldn't be surprised if this takes me through to 2017. Ooo.. 20Seventeen... soz, moving on.


5. Shimmer Pallet by No7

I like to have a bit of a glow to my cheeks and Shimmer pallet is great for that. I am however considering trying Seventeen's version of this because it costs half the price so I promise to report back with my feedback.


6. Seventeen eye shadows

I was out of eye-shadow a couple of weeks back and had been planning to invest in Naked 2 by Urban Decay as I've heard so many good things. I only tend to wear natural colours to add a gentle bit of character to my eyelids so when I was in Boots and noticed they had a 29p sale (I'm not kidding) on Seventeen eye-shadows, I didn't hang about. I practically cleared the shelf.


Though I would still one day like to invest in Naked 2, I'm happy with paying 30p for my eye shadows, instead of £30.


7. Rebel by MAC lipstick

Up until recently, I was a huge fan of Revlon colour sticks. I still find them brilliant but now I'm using MAC lipsticks. Admittedly they are double the price however there are some great colours and they really do last on your lips throughout the day.


8. Rimmel liquid eyeliner

I'm using this cheap little liquid eye-liner at the moment, which does the job. However I'm on the hunt for something which will last all day. I am thinking of trying the liquid eyeliner by Lush Cosmetics.


So that's put that one in the bag, or taken it out of the bag, so to speak.


Have a great day!

Mel x

No comments:

Post a Comment