Saturday 22 August 2015

AN UPDATE ON LOSING WEIGHT

Good Evening,

How is ‘getting trim’ going, you ask? Well not so bad actually. It’s been just over a week since I set out on my mission to lose weight and I’ve been pretty good. I’ve been exercising regularly and more organised and strict with my diet. I also have a bit of an addiction to Google'ing motivational fitness memes, like this one...


This week I actually went for a run every morning, except Thursday. I woke up at 5.55am and met my friend Fil for a half hour jog everyday... except Thursday. Admittedly we do a bit of 50/50 with the walking and jogging, but the point is that I was up and I was burning fat. I am really determined right now and I feel like I just want to exercise all the time! I’ve also been cycling to work every day still. It’s such a hard journey on the way in, as it’s mostly up hill. I’m glad that’s on the way in and not the way home though! 

There is one horrendous hill which goes on for about 5 minutes. It feels like it’s never going to end. It’s even made me a bit teary at times where it’s so darn hard and I just want it to conclude. Other cyclists overtake me, pedestrians have overtaken me, but I keep going until I get to the top and feel incredible when I get there. I’ve also figured out how to use my gears properly now… turns out I wasn’t making it very easy for myself. The hill is now a lot easier so that’s good. It’s still horrendous, but a tenfold better than it was.

Have another...


The diet hasn’t been so bad either. I’ve not been snacking in-between meals, I have cut fizzy drinks completely out of my diet, I’m drinking a lot of water (seriously, I’m weeing all the time!), I don’t really eat any bread and I’m just keeping a track on what I eat. During the week I had a McDonalds, due to my evening plans not allowing me enough time to cook dinner. This was a planned decision though and as mentioned in my recent blog, Time To Get Thin, I am allowed to eat fast food, as long as I am good during the day and it’s not because I am being too lazy to cook. It’s important to still have the odd treat whilst you’re dieting. Otherwise you will just become really depressed and turn to food for comfort. Well, that’s what I tend to do anyway. 

I went to my first Vibe Cycle class on Thursday, hence not getting up for my morning run. I was so nervous as I had heard so many people say it is tough. I LOVED IT. I think cycling to work these past few weeks helped to prepare me. Even though my legs were like jelly the following day, it was so much fun! The music really keeps you going and to be honest, it felt a lot shorter than 45 minutes! I am booked in to go again this week. I am aiming to make it a regular thing.

I will own up... I also had chips and a jumbo sausage from the chippy today. Sounds like I am being bad, doesn't it? But I didn't have anything in-between meals, I laid off the fizzy drink and it's a weekend, which (as per my Time To Get Thin blog) is allowed.

I weighed in at the gym today and I have lost three pounds! That's quite impressive for just over a week of being on this fitness-mad diet. I will continue to keep you all in the loop with how I am getting on.

Anyway, have a great weekend!

Mel x

No comments:

Post a Comment