Saturday 15 August 2015

R&B BY LUSH IS THE ANSWER TO HEALTHY HAIR!

Aloha,

So recently I decided to have the ends of my hair dyed blonde by the hair salon.

Here's a pic...


I was happy with the outcome however, the blonde was a bit more of a brassy colour than I had hoped and it should have been more of a gradual red-to-blonde ombré - rather than just 50% red and 50% blonde.

I popped into Boots and picked up a home bleaching kit. I went with the more expensive option because, you know, the more you pay the more you trust (you'd assume). Anyway, after I had finally got round to dying it I almost had an emotional meltdown at the results. My hair actually turned to chewing gum. I could rip it out without even trying.

I had left it in for the correct amount of time. In fact, even a bit less time than suggested. On the packet it said it changes medium blonde to a light blonde colour. But, let me tell you this folks, all that home bleaching kits do is dry out your hair. NEVER under any circumstances would I ever suggest to anyone they bleach their own hair.

I've now had a few more inches chopped off of my hair so I've definitely learned the hard way.

I've since invested in a pot of this magic potion, known as R&B by Lush...

My friend swore to me that this stuff is the holy grail of hair products. I've been using it for the past couple of weeks and it's amazing. My hair is already in great condition, it smells delicious (like really, I want to eat my hair) and for £11.50 for 100g it hasn't exactly broken the bank.

I've also bought a bottle of L'Oreal's Professionnel Silver Shampoo...

I bought this on Amazon for just £6.95 after a girl at work suggested it to me. You basically leave it in for 10 minutes before using it as normal shampoo and washing it out. In just a couple of washes it rinsed the horrid yellowness out of my hair. Admittedly it does turn your hair a delicate shade of purple first time round, but I love purple, so I was cool with that.

Lesson learned. Avoid home bleach and stick with toner.

Thank you for reading.
Mel x

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your hair!! I really like your blog, just started following you. Please check my beauty, fashion and lifestyle blog, subscribe and share if you enjoyed it. Vee xoxo
    Vees Petits Tresors

    ReplyDelete